Greetings from the “Mile High City!” Next up on our Roam from Home series we’ll take you on a virtual field trip to some of the most popular sights in and around Denver, Colorado!
Known for its 300+ days of sunshine a year – there is no shortage of activities in the Denver area (even if that’s just virtually)! Summer, one of our favorite seasons here in Colorado, offers a wide variety of options. Escape from the heat indoors to a local museum, take a short drive to the mountains or enjoy an evening listening to live music.
So, come with us as we explore all the things you can do in Denver right now!
Music, Art and History
- For a refined and classy evening – tune into the Colorado Symphony’s weekly virtual music hour. Enjoy conversations with the orchestra's conductors and musicians, and online screenings of performances from the vault.
- Denver Street Art: If you’re interested in tracking down thought-provoking murals, graffiti and street art in Denver, we invite you to embark on a tour of some of the most popular neighborhoods in Denver: RINO, East Colfax, Art District on Santa Fe, Confluence Park, and South Broadway.
- Stroll through the Denver Art Museum and spend as long as you like admiring each piece of work!
- Molly Brown House: Home of the famous Titanic survivor, the “Unsinkable Molly Brown.” This beautiful historically restored mansion is one you will not want to miss.
- Rattlesnake Pheasant Hot Dog, Rocky Mountain Oysters – yes these are actual things in Denver City Limits. Sample these exotic eats here.
- Checkout Biker Jim’s on your way through Denver!
- Thirsty for a cold one? Denver has no shortage of craft breweries – boasting a staggering 148+. Check out the patio at this mile-high must – Denver Beer Co.
- Fun Fact: In the fall the Great American Beer Fest is held in Denver and brings in visitors from around the globe.
Outside City Limits
- Air and Space Museum: Take a flight with Harrison Ford and Wings Over the Rockies through the past, present and future of air travel and space technologies. Even when you're stuck inside, you can shoot for the moon — and beyond.
- Red Rocks Amphitheater is a top destination for Colorado residents and tourists from around the world. The high point of many a summer has been a life-changing Red Rocks concert. The Beatles, Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix and the Grateful Dead are just some of the famous acts who have performed here. Enjoy live recorded music concerts of top performing artists here.
- University of Colorado Boulder Campus is nestled in the shadow of the beautiful Flatirons and Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Founded in the 1870’s it was ranked one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Tour the campus here.
- Wild Animal Sanctuary is a 789-acre animal sanctuary in Keenesburg, Colorado. This sanctuary specializes in rescuing and caring for large predators which are being ill-treated, for which their owners can no longer care. In fact, 39 tigers from the Netflix show, “Tiger King,” now call the sanctuary home. Visit the animals here.
- City Park is a trendy area dominated by its namesake green space, featuring picnic spots, playgrounds and lakeside trails. It has a beautiful lake and a dreamy view of the Denver skyline with the mountains in the background.
- The Denver sports scene might be paused for the time being due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but there are still plenty of classic Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, and Avalanche games available for your viewing pleasure.
- Denver Zoo’s “Zoo to You: Virtual Safari” offers recorded video tours guided by zoo experts introducing many of the zoo’s full-time animal residents.
- While Denver Botanic Gardens may be temporarily closed, there are still plenty of ways to dig into nature at home.
We hope you enjoyed your virtual visit to Denver! For direct flights to ‘Colorful Colorado,’ go to flyfrontier.com.