The holiday season is here! Even though it is the most wonderful time of the year, oftentimes, it’s also filled with stress. The busyness of work, shopping for presents, gatherings with friends and family, and holiday travel, can leave one feeling burnt out. A recent holiday survey says that holiday travel is rivaling that of pre-COVID travel. To avoid additional stress, we’ve got some holiday travel tips and tricks up our sleeves to share with you.
- Pack a sanitation kit in your carry-on: Hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, disposable gloves and an extra mask, just in case!
- Wear a mask when flying and walking through the airport - it’s mandatory
- Make sure your nose and mouth are covered at all times.
- Check COVID-19 travel regulations and/or restrictions
- Be familiar with the mandates in the destination you are traveling to. Also, be aware that some destinations are requiring that you quarantine, or are asking for COVID tests, upon arrival.
- Bring your vaccine card and/or a digital copy.
- Planning to do some sightseeing? Check hours of operations for attractions and buy tickets in advance to avoid lines and the potential of the attraction selling out by the time you get there.
- Traveling to visit Mom and Dad and not sure how you are going to transport their gifts? Mail or have packages shipped directly to the destination you are traveling to.
- With travel on the rebound, TSA lines are sure to be long. Arrive at the airport 2-3 hours before your flight to ensure you make your flight.
- Pack light. A carry-on bag is the easiest way to go when traveling. Not only do you not have to wait at baggage claim, you are also helping the environment. By traveling light, you take weight off your wallet and the planet! More baggage means more weight and more weight means more fuel and a larger carbon footprint. Read about Frontier’s green initiatives here.
- Reserve a parking spot ahead of time, book a rental car and research the busyness of the area you are traveling
- Create less contact
- Download the Frontier Airlines mobile app to check-in
- Bring your own snacks and water bottle
- Pack a carry-on suitcase to eliminate extra touch points at baggage claim
- Maintain 6 feet of social distancing
- At security, bring plastic bags to place your belongings in prior to placing in the bins
We are committed to your health and safety! Click here to see all that Frontier is doing to ensure your well-being.
Still have yet to book your flight for the holidays? Visit flyfrontier.com for the latest promotions and fares. Happy Holidays from our family to yours!