Unaccompanied Minor Travel

Is your child traveling alone? Rest assured that they are in good hands! Here’s everything you need to know about getting young travelers from departure to arrival smoothly.

Children ages 5-14 who plan to travel without someone at least 15 years of age or older are considered unaccompanied minors and need to be accompanied on our flights with our unaccompanied minor service. We do not accept unaccompanied minors less than 5 years old. Unaccompanied minors may travel on any Frontier nonstop flight, excluding international flights. Unaccompanied minors cannot be booked on connecting itineraries or on flights that make a stop enroute.


  • We do charge an unaccompanied minor service fee of $110 per direction, per child to cover the following items:
    • Gate pass issuance for the guardian(s) at drop-off
    • A lanyard with a card indicating the child's destination for the unaccompanied minor. (Green band will mark the child's carry-on(s))
    • Hand-off from gate agent to flight attendant
    • Flight attendant oversight of the unaccompanied minor
    • In-flight beverage and snack (Note: Our snack items may contain nuts, soy, wheat, dairy, or eggs. Snack items may be packaged in a facility that processes peanuts and other nuts.)
    • Hand-off from flight attendant to gate agent
    • Gate agent oversight of the unaccompanied minor for as long as the child is not picked up at the gate on time by the guardian
    • Gate pass issuance for the guardian(s) at pick-up
  • This service fee is not included in the ticket cost. It can be paid two ways:
    • Pay in advance when booking your flight at FlyFrontier.com
    • Pay at the airport when the child is checked-in
  • Unaccompanied minors can only travel on nonstop flights.
  • Minors traveling alone between the ages of 15-17 are not required to have identification. However, it is recommended to have one of the following:
    • Driver's license
    • Passport
    • School ID
    • Library card
    • Birth certificate
    • Social security card


  • $110 unaccompanied minor service fee paid
  • Unaccompanied Minor Request for Carriage Form completed by the person bringing the child to the airport
    • Unaccompanied minor’s name
    • Drop-off name, phone number, address, and signature of adult dropping off child
    • Pick-up name, phone number, and address of adult picking up child. Pick-up party contact info must be provided for the minor to be released. Please also provide alternate pick-up party info, if possible, since minors will only be released to parties listed on the form.
  • Official photo identification (for the child and all parties dropping off and picking up)
  • Name tags on bags


  • Check-in at least two hours prior to departure.
  • Have your Unaccompanied Minor Request for Carriage Form ready since it’s required at check-in (must be completed by the person bringing the child to the airport). Save time by completing the form online and printing it prior to airport arrival.
  • You’ll need to escort your child to the gate and wait until the aircraft has departed before you can leave (TSA will grant one pass to one adult for gate access).
  • A representative will help escort your child onto the plane during courtesy boarding and assist with any carry-on luggage.


  • Whoever plans to pick up the child should arrive at least 45 minutes prior to arrival (obtain a pass from the ticket counter to pass the gate and security check).
  • The child will be escorted off the plane by a flight attendant or Frontier employee.
  • Be sure to have a valid photo ID ready when picking up the child, and provide a signature. The flight attendant will only release the child to the pick-up party listed on the Unaccompanied Minor Form.

Unaccompanied Minor for Mexican Nationals

Mexican nationals who are traveling as unaccompanied minors, or traveling with adults who are not their parents, must provide additional documentation. If the minor is traveling with one or both parents, no additional documentation is required. Unaccompanied minors may only travel on domestic, non-stop flights. 

Are you:

  • A citizen of Mexico under the age of 18 traveling without a parent or legal guardian?
  • A dual citizen of Mexico and the U.S.?
  • A permanent or temporary resident of Mexico (e.g. on a student visa)?

Then you'll need to present one of the following when checking in:

  • Notarized Letter of Consent
  • Departure for Minors forms (aka the SAM format) - Access the free Departure for Minor Form
  • Court letter