Safety Is Our Top Priority
At Frontier, your safety is our top priority. To ensure your safety and comfort, our aircraft go through regular disinfection procedures to kill infectious agents. This helps to minimize the risks of spreading diseases. We do this by only using cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting products that have been deemed by the EPA to be effective against coronavirus.
Let us take you through our Disinfection Procedure. Aircraft disinfection is performed in accordance with the Airbus Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM).
- Aircraft doors are opened.
- Touchpoints and surfaces are sprayed and cleaned with a disinfectant cleaner.
- All trash and waste is removed from the aircraft.
- Anti-bacterial hand soap is added to the restrooms.
The daily cleaning process takes several hours to complete. We have taken a variety of proactive measures with respect to COVID-19 including increased heavy cleaning of aircraft and increased supplies of cleaning and disinfection products on board.
On all Frontier flights, we utilize HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestors)
aircraft filtration systems which filters 99.97% of dust particles and airborne
contaminants such as viruses and bacteria. This ensures the highest possible quality
of cabin air.
HEPA filters offer a similar level of performance to those used to keep the air
clean in hospital operating rooms and industrial clean rooms.
OTHER CONCERNS ABOUT COVID-19
Frontier Airlines continues to closely monitor developments with respect to COVID-19. For those who may have questions around advice for travelers, we recommend visiting the U.S. Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) website at cdc.gov/travel.
Below is additional information to help answer questions you may have:
- As a U.S.-based commercial airline, we coordinate closely with multiple federal and other agencies to ensure we are continuously operating under established best practices for aircraft cleanliness and sanitation. Among those, we follow the recommendations set forth by the CDC for ‘Preventing Spread of Disease on Commercial Aircraft’ as well as adhere to our own stringent internal guidelines.
- All of our aircraft are regularly cleaned using disinfectant deemed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as effective against COVID-19. Also, we have made the proactive decision to elevate the cleaning and sanitation of our aircraft beyond standard practice during this time.
- Our crews are highly trained in handling ill and/or potentially infectious persons on an aircraft.
- For questions on how to stay healthy while traveling, please refer to the CDC’s advice on this topic by clicking Here.