Award Ticket Terms
Here are the rules, as determined by our legal guys:
An award redemption fee may be applicable. This fee will go into effect for all flights booked on or after October 31, 2014. Learn more.
- Award tickets may be booked approximately 8 months in the future or as the schedule permits and are valid for one year from the original date of issue. Award tickets are also subject to taxes and fees from $5.60.
- Mileage from different accounts isn't combinable for issuance of any award, except via Frontier's Mile Transfer Tool. Learn more.
- Upon confirming an award travel reservation with the EarlyReturns® Service Center, the appropriate mileage will be automatically deducted from the Member's account.
- Unused and unexpired award tickets can be returned to the EarlyReturns® Service Center, and the miles will be re-deposited to the account from which the miles were originally withdrawn. Partially used award tickets can't be re-deposited. Frontier will impose a $75 fee to redeposit miles into a Member's account. You may request a redeposit of your miles by calling Frontier Reservations at 800-4321-FLY. This charge is waived for *Summit level members and traveling companions booked in the same reservation and for CHOICE and Last Seat Availability awards. Note that standard award tickets must be canceled prior to departure of the flight to retain their value.
- Any changes to award tickets made 8 or more days prior to travel will not incur a change fee if the class of service is available. There is up to a $75 change fee for any changes made to an award ticket within 7 days of travel. This fee is waived for *Summit level members and companions booked in the same reservation with the *Summit member and for Last Seat Availability awards. Any changes made to award tickets must be handled by Frontier Reservations by calling 800-4321-FLY (1359).
- Reservations for award travel on Frontier may only be made directly with Frontier either at FlyFrontier.com or by calling our Reservations Call Centers at 800-432-1FLY (1359). Please note that there is no booking fee at FlyFrontier.com, but a Reservation Service Fee of $10 will apply to all Standard Award redemptions made via our Reservations Call Centers.
- Award tickets may only be issued by Frontier. Program partners and/or travel agents may not issue our award tickets.
- All award travel must be via published routings, and to destinations offered by Frontier, or for awards involving other airlines, via the routes of the applicable airline partner*. If a published routing doesn't exist between a desired origin and destination (for example Frontier doesn't have a published fare from New York to Atlanta) alternative origins and/or destinations must be selected. The other alternative would be is to redeem two separate tickets for travel between the two cities. If you have questions regarding a particular route, please contact Frontier Reservations by calling 800-4321-FLY (1359).
* Not all routes may be available for award redemptions.
- All tickets must have confirmed reservations on all legs; no open tickets are issued.
- EarlyReturns® awards are subject to availability. Seats may not be available for award travel on all flights on all days. Seat availability depends on the flight, the date of travel, the expected demand, season, destination, and other factors. EarlyReturns® CHOICE and Last Seat Availability are our additional award seat options that offer increased award seat availability. Last Seat Availability awards are available only to EarlyReturns® *Ascent and Summit members. View redemption level chart.
- Where applicable and permitted by law, any taxes, fees, and governmental or airline surcharges (such as fuel) remain the responsibility of the Member and must be paid with a credit card at the time of reservation.
- Award tickets will be issued in the form of an e-ticket.
- Stopovers (overnight stays at connecting cities) aren't permitted for award travel.
*Summit and Ascent status will be retired on February 19, 2015 and a new elite tier, Frontier Elite will be launched on February 20, 2015.