We consider children from ages five to 14 to be unaccompanied minors when traveling without a companion of at least 15 years of age. Even though they're on their own, we'll be there to help every step of the way with our unaccompanied minor escort service.
We're sorry but we do not accept unaccompanied minors who are under five years of age. Children age 15-17 have the option to travel as an unaccompanied minor with escort service or may travel as an adult passenger.
You can book travel here on FlyFrontier.com for unaccompanied minors.
Guidelines for Unaccompanied Minor Travel
The following procedures are in place to ensure unaccompanied minors have a safe and fun experience flying Frontier:
- Unaccompanied minors may travel on any nonstop Frontier flight, including international flights. Unaccompanied minors are not allowed to travel on flights that make a stop between the origin and destination or on connecting itineraries.
- We charge a service fee per direction for unaccompanied minor travel to cover extra handling, a beverage, and a snack. One fee is assessed for multiple children in the same reservation.
For Economy and Classic Plus tickets purchased on or after April 28, 2014, the fee for an unaccompanied minor is $100 each way.
For any tickets purchased through April 27, 2014, the fee varies based on the Fare Option of the ticket purchased:
- For Classic Plus, Classic, and Economy Fare tickets the fee is $100 each way (for roundtrip travel, this fee must be paid each way).
- For Basic Fare tickets the fee is $150 each way (for roundtrip travel, this fee must be paid each way).
- The fee is waived if the child is a Summit or Ascent level member of EarlyReturns®.
This fee is not included in the ticket cost and may be paid in advance by calling Frontier Reservations at 800-432-1FLY (1359). If the fee is not paid in advance, it is due when the child is checked in at the airport.
- To ensure a safe and comfortable flight, all unaccompanied minors will be seated in the last rows of the aircraft regardless of the Fare Option purchased as this allows our flight attendants to better supervise unaccompanied minor travel.
- We recommend you feed your child prior to departure or provide your child with a snack to carry on the flight. A complimentary beverage and complimentary snack will be provided if your child's flight offers this service.
- Please note that our snack items may contain nuts (including peanuts or peanut butter), soy, wheat, dairy, or eggs. Snack items may be packaged in a facility that processes peanuts and other nuts.
- We require the following information when booking and checking in an unaccompanied minor:
- The name, telephone number, and address of the adult who will be bring the child to the airport
- The name, telephone number, and address of the adult who will be meeting the child upon arrival at his/her destination.
- We require the person bringing the child to the airport to complete an Unaccompanied Minor Request For Carriage Form. This form details the contact information for the person bringing the child to the airport and for the person responsible for meeting the child upon arrival at his/her destination city. To save time, the form may be completed online and printed prior to arriving at the airport.
Checking-In Your Unaccompanied Minor
- Because we want your child's travel experience to be as smooth as possible, we recommend that you check in at least two hours prior to departure. The Unaccompanied Minor Request For Carriage Form is required at check-in and must be completed by the person bringing the child to the airport. To save time, the form may be completed online and printed prior to arriving at the airport.
- You'll need to escort your child to the gate and wait until the aircraft has taken off before you leave the airport. We will provide you with an escort pass to get to the gate. As directed by TSA, gate passes may only be provided to a limited number of people. Therefore, we recommend only one adult escort an unaccompanied minor for pick up and drop off.
- During courtesy boarding, one of our representatives will escort your child onto the plane, assist with any carry-on luggage, and introduce your child to the crew.
Picking Up Your Unaccompanied Minor
We'll only release the child to the designated recipient.
Advise the party picking up your child to bring his or her photo identification and to arrive at the airport early enough to obtain a pass from our ticket counter. This pass will allow the designated recipient access through security to meet your child at the gate immediately upon aircraft arrival. The designated recipient must be a named person and cannot be an organization such as a youth camp. For your child's safety, the child won't be released to the designated recipient until the identification has been reviewed by one of our employees. Upon arrival, your child will have a personal escort from the aircraft to the designated pick-up person.
We recognize that the safe transport of your child is your number one concern, and we know the importance of that responsibility. Please contact Frontier Reservations at 800-432-1FLY (1359) with any questions.